Age in stone

I’m going to start this off with if my loved one was a statue I wouldn’t complain that they look older instead of being happy. The King’s reaction of “oh there’s my wife, why does she look 16 years older” is ridiculous. First off, she’s been gone 16 years. Do you expect time to not pass? I’d be more apt to be upset at the statue maker for taking so long to make the statue! I didn’t expect his wife to come back, but after the statue had shown the age and passing of time, I thought just maybe this would be a happy ending (and while there was) I’m still having a big “What the hell” reaction to it just with how the king reacted.

I enjoyed the play (don’t get me wrong) but was disappointed in the King nearly the entire time. I know we don’t know everything that has transpired between all of the characters but I still found myself siding with Hermione. Even IF she had done wrong, she was treated terribly before judgement had even passed (no time after having her child and zero time for recovery) and not even allowed to truly give a testimony because the king had made up his mind even before the trial.

Overall I give this play a 3.5/5. I liked a happy ending for once, but half the characters made me want to rip out my hair and scream with how they acted and were portrayed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I am not a Prize to be Won"

A Winter's Tale of Conflict and Contrast

Celebrity Deathmatch: Early Modern Edition